Program Assistant for Latin America and the Caribbean – (Job #2025)
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant. This is an entry-level position on our Latin America and Caribbean regional program team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the regional program staff. This position reports to the regional Senior Director for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Ensure logging in of grant proposals.
- Draft budgets and assist with writing project summaries for NED’s Board of Directors.
- Provide support for considering and awarding grants to nongovernmental organizations working on democracy assistance programs in the assigned region/country.
- Support the oversight of grants in the assigned region/country.
- Assist the Senior Director and staff with general administrative duties, including deadlines and the team schedule.
- Organize events for visiting grantees and public meetings.
- Facilitate logistical preparations for team retreats and staff travel.
- Attend and report on relevant conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Research information on current political developments in the assigned region/country.
- Bachelor’s degree in Latin American Studies, International Affairs, Political Science, History, or a related discipline is required;
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative and/or programmatic experience;
- Administrative support experience;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Time living, working or traveling in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Fluency (oral and written) in English and Spanish are required;
- Experience in grant making and democratic development is desirable;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Works well in a team environment.