2078 Intern, Africa / Fall 2020
Intern, Africa / Fall 2020 – (Job #2078)
National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, and is seeking a paid Intern for the Africa Program. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Position Summary: The Africa regional program team seeks an individual with strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills who has a demonstrated interest in sub-Saharan Africa and in democracy work in the region to serve as an Intern for Fall 2020. Energetic, creative and flexible team players who take initiatives, prioritize several competing tasks, and work independently are encouraged to apply. The paid internship is open to current graduate or undergraduate students.
- Conduct research to track political developments throughout Africa;
- Assist in drafting invitation letters, organizing event logistics, note taking, meeting agendas and newsletters;
- Take notes during meetings and draft minutes;
- Attend lectures and roundtable discussions on African policy issues; and,
- Work with other members of the Africa team as requested.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail. Students must also have strong computer skills.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date:
o/a September 14, 2020
o/a September 14 – 18, 2020
Anticipated End Date:
o/a December 11, 2020
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include cover letter, resume, writing contact information for three professional/academic references.