The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Officer to join the International Forum for Democratic Studies. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Officer will help develop the International Forum’s substantive work on issues relating to the intersection of technology and democracy. The ideal candidate will bring a solid analytical grounding in issues relating to emerging technology as well as democratic development, with relevant research and/or programmatic experience.
- Research, develop and promote substantive elements of the International Forum’s work, particularly those related to the emerging norms, governance, and development of technology.
- Help conceive and organize workshops and other meetings; prepare conference reports and other event materials.
- Produce published material that deepens understanding of issues relevant to emerging technologies and democratic development.
- Work effectively across all internal NED departments and cultivate relationships with external partners working at the intersection of technology, democracy, and international affairs
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs or related subject required; Master’s degree or higher preferred;
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, experience with technology and international affairs a plus.
- Other Qualifications:
- Sound understanding of the NED’s mission and the importance of developing and maintaining positive relations within the Endowment and with external stakeholders;
- Solid writing, editing, and analytical skills;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work and collaborate in a team environment;
- Strong understanding of key emerging technologies and their relevance to democratic development;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, multi-task, and juggle priorities in an efficient manner.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references. Please, no phone calls. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email@example.com.