The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant for Asia. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Program Assistant will provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the Asia program staff.
- Assist the Asia Program’s Senior and Associate Director and staff with general administrative duties.
- Assist with intake, processing, and review of grant proposals from nongovernmental organizations working on democracy support programs in Asia.
- Maintain the team calendar, schedule internal meetings and monitor deadlines.
- Maintain and track internal budgets and generate data and identify trends for team planning purposes.
- Organize events and meetings.
- Communicate with grantees and applicants about the NED Asia program and the proposal application process.
- Attend and report on relevant meetings and other events.
- Conduct research on current political developments in the region and create a daily news summary of important political events in Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, History, or a related discipline is required;
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in an office environment;
- Administrative support experience;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel.
- Other Qualifications:
- Knowledge of political and social issues in Asia
- Proficiency in other relevant languages of the region is a benefit;
- Experience working with databases and analyzing statistics;
- Experience in grant making and democratic development is desirable;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, and ability to multi-task;
- High degree of organization and initiative;
- Works well in a team environment.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references. Please, no phone calls. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.