The Assistant Program Officer will assist with management, administration, monitoring, assessment, and development of grant programs in Southeast Asia, primarily in Thailand and the Philippines and possibly other countries in the region.
- Assist in the evaluation of project proposals.
- Draft proposals to present at quarterly Board meetings.
- Monitor and provide compliance assistance to grantees.
- Track political developments in Southeast Asia.
- Provide administrative support for Southeast Asia programs.
- Travel to the region as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, International Development, History or a related discipline is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in democracy-related projects; in-country experience is an advantage.
- Other Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of political issues and trends in Southeast Asia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; fluency in a Southeast Asian language is preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in multi-ethnic, multi-national environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of organization and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team.
This Position is Part of NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The NED is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The NED believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as an organization operating globally and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.