As we celebrate the 75th anniversary of the iconic CARE package, we have ambitious fundraising growth plans that will see us save and improve 200 million lives in 100 countries. The AVP of Major Gifts is a key leadership position in CARE's dynamic and ambitious fundraising team and will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, President, Board and senior peers to raise big gifts and significant funds from individuals who have the ability to give from $1,000 to $50 million. The AVP of Major Gifts will lead a group of 34 hugely talented major gift, planned gift and mid-level professionals across the country to raise significant funds for CARE's work, including $5 million + mega gifts. In the past three years we have doubled our major gift revenue, set up a mid-level program and supercharged our planned giving. We seek to inspire and partner with individual givers who share of vision of a world without poverty and inequality and believe we can get to $100 million a year from the major gifts program.
The AVP of Major Gifts we are searching for will be at the top of their game. We want someone who is an experienced major gift leader who has raised multi-millions personally and led successful major gifts teams, but they also need to demonstrate a burning ambition to deliver growth and an ability to inspire a culture of excellence and ongoing transformation.
- Produce a creative and ambitious national major gifts strategy that will build on our key strengths, improve our offer and which will deliver results and sustainable growth.
- Lead and support the major gifts team to deliver annual and multi-year revenue growth targets and ensure planned giving is embedded across the program.
- Develop the Major Gifts team into a center of excellence – foster a culture of ambition, innovation, and positive teamwork.
- Senior fundraising and stewardship duties – directly lead some key multi-million partnerships and act as a senior champion for major donors across the organization.
- Support the team with successful donor communications, cultivations and solicitations for key donors and prospects.
- As one of the senior fundraising leaders actively contributes to an effective overall fundraising strategy, execution and effective management.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least ten years senior-level experience in major gifts fundraising at a major USA non-profit
- Highly experienced major gift leader and practitioner, who has personally raised multi-millions for individual supporters and has a significant track record of recruiting new major donors and successful solicitations of up to seven figures
- Experience of leading planned-giving and mid-level programs
- A “hunter” with demonstrated ability to think boldly, develop creative opportunities, take risks and implement new ways of identifying, reaching and securing new donor partners
- Experience of leading senior teams to increase levels of performance and results
- A natural collaborator who can demonstrate a focus on results-delivery and strong influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The strong ability to work collaboratively across teams to build a harmonious and productive working environment which also delivers results
If you believe you have the skills and qualities outlined above, we would love to hear from you!