HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals while providing global leadership on evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is a program of International Food Policy Research Institute, which is part of the CGIAR. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Contracts Processing and Management
- Manage contracts processing for select program units of HarvestPlus; review and approve partner work plan budgets prior to contract issuance; ensure all contract requirements and assessment documents are complete prior to contract issuance.
- Monitor and provide status reports on contracts and follow up on contract deliverables.
- Manage payments for partner contracts, ensuring technical deliverables are submitted and approved by HarvestPlus Project Manager, and financial reports are in order prior to effecting payments.
- Review and approve financial reports submitted by collaborators/partners of select program units.
- Process vendor payments and purchases related to contracts.
- Maintain HarvestPlus databases on contracts, assessment documents, technical reports, financial reports, and other contract related documents, and equipment purchases.
Budget Development and Monitoring
- Monitor expenditures/project status reports of select projects, ensuring expenditures are appropriately charged and reclassifying charges when necessary.
- Provide quarterly budget updates to select program units.
- Provide support in the development and monitoring of HarvestPlus’ annual budgets and HP country offices budgets.
- Develop proposal budgets, review donor or partner agreements, and obtain required approvals for donor proposals.
Financial Reporting and Monitoring
- Analyze and monitor the financial status of assigned grants, contracts and other agreements in comparison to donor budgets/reporting requirements and identify and report any need for re-alignment or any financial risks associated with grants, contracts, and related cost share obligations.
- Provide financial reports to donor managers and-or budget to facilitate that grant expenditures are in accordance with applicable donor regulations.
- Produce timely and accurate required financial donor reports in compliance with donor financial requirements.
- Provide support in maintenance of HarvestPlus accounts in IFPRI’s accounting system; reconciles and monitors project numbers in the general ledger.
- Support activities of the HarvestPlus Finance Functional Team regarding the budget management system (QuickBooks).
- Process expense reimbursements, advance liquidations, host center expenses, and field request payments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting, plus minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and managing budgets and contracts, financial management and reporting.
- Solid composition, grammar, and proofreading skills with the ability to compose routine correspondence and reports; excellent written and oral English communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience administering databases.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Fluency in foreign language desirable.
- Familiarity with accounting systems and software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will seat in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal ; extensive reading