The Communications and Outreach Assistant will provide communications and administrative support to the World Movement for Democracy team.
- Assist with the creation of communication products by:
- Writing social media posts, and conducting social media listening
- Drafting and issuing of bi-weekly e-newsletters and advocacy alert messages,
- Assisting with regular maintenance and development of the World Movement websites, and,
- Contributing to the coordination for producing videos and podcasts,
- Maintain World Movement’s social media properties and track metrics for all communication platforms.
- Provide assistance on logistical preparations for the World Movement’s meetings held in different global regions.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field required, communications or international relations preferred.
- Some communications and/or administrative support experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and social media required.
- Experience with using social media tools in a professional setting preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of global political developments, particularly concerning democratization and human rights, required.
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English, not required, but preferred
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and organize time efficiently required.
- Interested in learning new digital tools as our World Movement team acquires them, from content creation tools like Canva to administrative tracking tools like Smartsheet
- Strong ability to be a team player and self-starter, working independently in a multicultural environment.
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email@example.com.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.