A global nonprofit seeks a Data Analyst with a strong passion for data as a means of demonstrating impact. The successful candidate will have a strong statistical background, data visualization skills, and experience in the areas of human rights and labor rights. **Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 restrictions**
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the collection and analysis of due-diligence data, including results of factory assessments and living wage program. Analyze trends and connect data across projects and departments.
- Present analytical results and data visualizations in a way that is meaningful for stakeholders and provides actionable insight. Design and prepare reports and presentations in support of the organization’s strategic goals.
- Support ongoing development of data analysis, collection, storage, and related systems, using Sharepoint, Excel, and Power BI. Based on emerging trends in data analysis, evaluate existing methods and refine tools for members.
- Develop and maintain a strong information and data management strategy that aligns with industry best practices.
- Serve as the organization’s central administrator for an online living wage analysis dashboard used by members. Manage business critical databases and provide help-desk support as needed for all users. Support third-party service providers in data management, analysis, and security upgrades for the dashboard.
- Work in a variety of capacities across multiple teams and stakeholders—both locally and abroad.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Math, Information Technology or another relevant field that includes training in quantitative research. Experience supporting IT systems preferred.
- Professional experience in a relevant field, such as business, supply chain management, corporate social responsibility, human rights, industrial relations, or the like is advantageous.
- Strong commitment to protect workers’ rights.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters. Possesses diplomacy, poise and sound judgment.
- Fluency in English. Second language (Spanish, Mandarin, French, Thai or Vietnamese) is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information.
- Proven experience conducting advanced statistical analysis. Fluent in R and SQL. Proficient in Excel, Power BI, and a variety of data analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technology.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to own and improve the organization’s data analysis and public reporting for team projects.