The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for the operational, contractual, and financial aspects of a $200-$300M USAID-funded global health program. This includes, but is not limited to: budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, subawards management, procurement and logistics. (S)he oversees budget development for annual workplans and regular financial monitoring, reporting, and analysis. (S)he ensures that resources are allocated and disbursed in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. (S)he is the primary liaison with USAID on finance, contracts, and operations matters and builds appropriate and effective relationships with USAID and other key stakeholders. (S)he proactively manages risk, establishes sound financial management practices, and ensure the program’s compliance with USP and USAID policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
The position is contingent on contract award.
- Master’s degree (preferred) in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience leading financial and operational management of complex USAID-funded global health or international development programs at global, regional, and/or multi-country levels
- 7+ years of experience overseeing administrative/operational aspects of a global program, including developing and managing large budgets (+$50M), USAID contracts, grants, subawards, and procurement
- 3+ years of management experience of virtual teams based in low- and middle-income countries
- Certified Public Accountant or comparable advanced certificate is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication and presentation; interpersonal, people management and mentoring, and client relationship management; and planning, analysis, and organization
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 15 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles.
**All CV’s should be sent directly to Shari Bush (email@example.com)**