Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D and we want to keep it that way. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D seeks a Director of Organizational Effectiveness to play a key role in improving organizational platforms, systems and processes and executing R4D’s strategy. This role will work closely with R4D leadership to set and track annual goals, execute strategic initiatives and support cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Chief Operating Officer, while working closely with staff and leaders across R4D.
R4D is a growing, fast-paced, results oriented and mission driven team. We are a supportive and flexible employer. Join us!
A successful Director of Organizational Effectiveness candidate will be highly-motivated, a creative problem solver; have strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills; and have a commitment to excellence and producing results. We are a team that is resourceful, responsible, tenacious, high-energy, and always has a positive attitude.
We seek an entrepreneurial, strategic, and creative individual to help us take this work forward during an exciting juncture of growth and adaptation across our organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to think creatively and strategically about how to improve organizational systems and practices is required. Knowledge of procurement processes, grants management, and prior experience managing USAID and BMGF-funded portfolios is also desired.
Work with the Executive Team to manage strategic creation process:
- Manage annual team goal setting and planning processes to ensure alignment with overall organizational strategy.
- Support ongoing process of designing new programs that reflect org-wide strategy, annual cross-org priorities, and team priorities.
- Work with Managing Directors on development of specific funder strategies.
Facilitate key goal-setting, planning and reporting activities:
- Lead organizational goal setting process and monitor progress
- Institutionalize annual business rhythm
- Implement performance dashboard to track progress against strategic goals
- Ensure alignment between individual, team and organizational goals
Lead process improvement projects to improve organizational performance, including:
- Strengthen International operations
- Refine recruitment, hiring and onboarding processes
- Strengthen partnership and subaward management practices
- Streamline procurement processes
Oversee internal knowledge management processes
- Facilitate the development of R4D KM best practices and ensure they are socialized and followed across the organization
- Work closely with Program Directors to ensure that relevant documents are updated and available on the appropriate platforms
- Convene KM focal points to support the use of new Intranet (Summit)
Spearhead efforts to strengthen global operations:
- Work closely with program and operation teams to establish/strengthen country-based and regional infrastructure
- Support Human Capital team to strengthen global recruiting pipelines and formalize mechanisms for engaging experts, including the R4D fellows program and Coaching networks.
- Master’s degree +10 yrs experience in international development, nonprofit management, organizational development or related field
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Strategic and creative problem solver who is adept at developing efficient systems and decision-making processes
- Highly collaborative and approachable team member with strong soft skill and ability to lead through influence
- Experience facilitating groups to create workplans and reach alignment on decisions
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Experience with Knowledge Management systems
- Proven record of Project Management
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgement, and humor
- Motivated to learn, grow, contribute and produce