Are you a bilingual (French/English) HR professional with experience working across international and/or multicultural teams? Do you have a passion for helping individuals to learn and grow? Do you have a desire to help build world class recruitment, performance management and professional development systems and to oversee employee benefits and policies? If so, you may be our next Director of People Operations and play an important role in a growing high-impact social justice organization. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and working closely with senior staff including the CEO, you will have the opportunity to build, support, and grow Integrate Health’s most important resource, our people.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of factors, including level of experience and the cost-of-living in the city you work from. For example, the annual salary for this position for an employee based in New York City will be between $70k and $100k.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health (IH) is a small and rapidly growing global health organization working to serve communities in West Africa and New York. We believe that access to healthcare is a human right, and we are committed to making this a reality in the countries in which we work. Integrate Health works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional Community Health Workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
Integrate Health offers a generous benefits package including:
- Aetna health, vision, and dental insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with employer match up to 3%.
- Minimum 20 vacation days/year plus office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- 10 days of sick leave.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (pertains to birth or adoption) after first 12 months employment.
- 16 hours of paid leave each year to participate in volunteer programs.
- Other benefits offered: Travel insurance, shared office space, need-based salary advances, flexible hours, professional development opportunities.
People Operations Strategy
- Lead the development of a global human resources strategy for the organization, including but not limited to leadership development, succession planning, professional development, coaching, and performance management
- Support the organization to implement and maintain strong practices to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in accordance with commitment to anti-oppression and anti-racism
- Lead, manage, and build an HR team across the US and Togo to implement a people operations strategy and activities
- Proactively identify and address human resource bottlenecks and challenges to scaling the organization
- Promote inter-team collaboration for synergizing activities across multiple offices
Recruitment and Staffing – US and Togo Positions
- Develop, manage and continuously refine an efficient system to coordinate all recruitment for the organization in a way that furthers the organization’s diversity and inclusion priorities
- Work with teams to develop job descriptions, salary benchmarks and interview frameworks for new positions, coordinate the approvals, and advertise with relevant networks to ensure diverse candidates apply and matriculate through the process
- Oversee resume screen and phone screen, schedule interviews with hiring team and act as liaison between candidate and hiring team, conduct reference checks and background checks as necessary
- Coordinate Onboarding for new hires
- Coordinate off-boarding for exiting staff
Administration, Benefits Administration and Payroll
- Oversee and manage the use of IH’s Professional Employer Organization (JustWorks) for US-based staff
- Support the Togo HR team in the implementation, maintenance and management of payroll software and support systems to streamline Togo operations
- Ensure teams maintain employee records and contracts in the US and Togo
- Act as administrator for international and US insurance
- Effectively communicate with staff on all issues related to people operations
- Assist employees and teams ad hoc with policy questions, requests for documents and/or staff information
- Manage and update changes to US and Togo Employee Handbook, US and Togo HR Policies and Procedures and conduct employee record audits quarterly
- Coordinate travel for new hires and current staff
- Facilitate or coordinate leadership development opportunities internally for staff
- Coach and support supervisors to provide effective management to team members
- Ensure consistent and effective execution of annual performance evaluations and regular performance management feedback
- Partner with managers on how to provide employee development and training that maximizes potential and addresses any performance concerns
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR personnel issues and respond in collaboration with senior leadership
What Are We Looking For?
- Fluency in English and French required
- Individuals who can bring new perspectives to the organization (recruiting for culture add rather than culture fit)
- 5+ years professional experience, including prior success in human resources position or comparable position with significant human resource tasks
- Previous experience with payroll and recruitment software
- Knowledge of labor law requirements
- An organized individual who can prioritize multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 10-15% (once Integrate Health has cancelled travel limitations related to COVID-19)
What will get us excited?
- Experience successfully leading, building or managing systems, processes and relationships to manage performance and develop staff
- Experience managing HR functions for an international or multicultural organization
- 2+ years in non-profit/international NGO preferred
- You are self-directed and able to identify and act on opportunities for improvement
- Knowledge of Expatriate labor law requirements, exemptions, and applicability
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Director of People Operations will model and embody these values and will have the following characteristics:
- Diplomatic and humble learner with the ability to listen
- Growth mindset and lifelong learner attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in development or communications at a not-for-profit organization preferred
- Must be extremely detailed oriented, organized, and efficient
- Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of all humans