The mission of the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is to catalyze public-private action to accelerate cocoa sustainability. WCF champions multi-stakeholder partnerships, aligned public and private investment, policy dialogue, and joint learning and knowledge sharing to achieve transformative change in the cocoa supply chain. WCF’s members include cocoa and chocolate manufacturers, processors, supply chain managers, and other companies worldwide, representing more than 80 percent of the global cocoa market. WCF’s programs benefit farmers and their communities in cocoa-growing regions of Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.worldcocoafoundation.org.
The purpose of the job is to make the President a better, faster, stronger and more effective leader by creating capacity for him to focus on the most important things. As Executive Assistant, you will be exposed to an extremely wide range of responsibilities. You will serve as liaison with the Board of Directors, prepare briefing materials, conduct research, help drive special projects, and manage the schedule and “front office” of the President. You will be asked to make sensitive and critical judgment calls, and to serve as a sounding board to the President in important situations. The fast paced and multi-dimensional nature of this role requires an exceptionally well-organized, proactive professional who can interact effectively with members of the Board, the leadership team, and other staff at all levels throughout the organization.
This position is based at the WCF Washington, DC, office and will report to the WCF President. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The salary for this role will be commensurate with experience and position accountabilities. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Manage the President’s workflow and priorities by managing his calendar, scheduling meetings and conference calls, arranging travel, and anticipating steps ahead.
- Ensure the President is appropriately prepared for meetings with all necessary materials, including supporting the preparation of briefing notes, talking points, and presentations, and, when needed, participating directly in meetings and following up with the relevant parties.
- Provide members of the WCF leadership team leverage in moving programs and initiatives forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
- Manage relations with the Board of Directors, including scheduling and arrangements for Board Meetings, preparation and follow up of briefing materials for Board Meetings, and follow up as needed with questions from individual Board Members.
- Manage a variety of special projects, including research, analysis, briefing notes, and follow-up in support of WCF priorities, as assigned by the President.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the work of the President and leadership team, including anticipating needs from the teams and identifying opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
We are looking for an individual who takes initiative, enjoys juggling multiple big-picture priorities while attending to the smallest details and is a skilled liaison for the President’s internal and external relationships.
- Minimum B.A./B.S. with at least 5 years of experience in a fast-paced team supporting high level staff and board executives in a high-demand, multi-task environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
- Excellent research, analytical and written and oral communications skills; French language desirable
- Ability to understand the big picture and align priorities accordingly
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office suite, especially calendar management through Outlook, and slide creation and editing with PowerPoint
- Adaptability to leveraging new tools and software for process and productivity gains
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative, reliability and follow-up
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to upload their cover letter describing their interest in this role and résumé to: https://worldcocoa.egnyte.com/fl/FpboFhx2B3
Please address the letter to “Human Resources” and name your files using the following convention: ‘J.Doe Cover and ‘J.Doe Resume’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases until position is filled. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.