Finance and Accounting Associate (Accounts Payable)
The Finance and Accounting Associate, Accounts Payable is a full-time position in our home office in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Associate’s primary responsibility will be processing accounts payable and preparing documentation for invoicing. This position reports to the Sr. Accountant. As part of a team, the successful candidate will also support other finance and operations activities. The successful candidate will thus help uphold Panagora standards, policies, and procedures.
- Support accounts payable (AP) activities including:
- Timely entry of home office expenses and detailed review of activity expense transactions in time & expense and accounting software (Unanet);
- Track and process payment requests for employees, consultants, vendors, subcontractors, and field offices;
- Provide expense reimbursement information to Payroll ensuring employees and consultants are reimbursed in a timely manner;
- Monitor and be the main point of contact for the AP email account.
- Ensure all credit card transactions are entered in Unanet;
- Perform export of expenses from Unanet into QuickBooks semi-monthly, with careful attention to data quality;
- Review transactions against credit card statement to ensure all transactions have been properly entered prior to final reconciliation.
- Review employee advances and send reminders for outstanding expense reports;
- Ensure all monthly standard entries are recorded in Quickbooks for auto payments (insurance, vehicle lease, etc.), depreciation, and bank transfers.
- Assist with invoice preparation including organizing back-up documentation.
- Maintain office electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Provide other operations and administrative support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or another relevant field.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with accounts payable, cost accounting and financial management in government contracting.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and Unanet preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with leadership skills, versatility, critical thinking skills, and integrity.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.