HIAS seeks a Finance Officer to support the day-to-day financial activities of HIAS operations under the direction of the Controller. The Finance Officer will work closely with the Finance Manager and the Controller to prepare timely and reliable financial reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and annual). S/he will facilitate the timely disbursement of funds, including all payments made in USD, and monitor project expenditure. S/he will be the liaison between Country Office Finance and HQ Finance.
The Finance Officer will maintain accurate database/records on all the financial transactions and disbursements, and ensure these are properly coded, accurate, and up-to-date. S/he will also complete the financial process by performing the correspondent financial analysis, follow up and reporting to support the operation with timely, certain, and accurate financial information.
- Process payment/file all invoices, and maintain up-to-date accounting and finance records, including follow up with suppliers and consultants as needed.
- Follow up to the approval process on local purchase orders and perform the expenditure process following up the internal procedures and rules.
- Prepare the cash flow forecasting and monthly cash request.
- Under the supervision/approval of the Controller, operate banking transactions related to the Country Office Operation, including preparing bank transfer requests, submitting them to the bank, monitoring transfers and making monthly bank reconciliation statements and reporting.
- Maintain all balance sheet reconciliations monthly and the accurately in all general ledger transactions while ensuring timely monthly close.
- Reviews general ledger transactions received from field offices and works with field office accounting staff on the corrections of any procedures.
- Responsible for timely recognition of all revenues and indirect cost calculation.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register and monthly reconciliations.
- Maintain all necessary journal entries and upload in Great Plains to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for reconciling all intercompany transactions between headquarters and international entities.
- Ensure all record keeping (including data entries) and information is entered into the accounting system and is correct and updated.
- Communicate regularly with the Finance Manager on issues related to budgeting, expenditure, invoicing, coding, and cash flow.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; Graduate degree a plus.
- CPA/Chartered Accountant certification preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Accounting, Preferred.
- Highly reliable, flexible and the ability to adapt to various environments and situations rapidly.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to perform multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of USAID/USG funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements.
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least three (3) years in a INGO or similar field.
- Ability to travel throughout Country Office to HIAS office locations and at times to insecure operating environments.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish and English is highly desirable; strong communication and interpersonal skills.