About Corus: Corus International leads an ensemble of social impact organizations working together in the world's most fragile settings to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to overcome the interconnected challenges of poverty, health care access and climate change. Corus is a new model in the international space, creating a consortium of specialized non-profit and for-profit entities for greater impact. Additional growth is expected.
Corus combines over 150 years of experience of our non-profit and for-profit subsidiary organizations – Lutheran World Relief (LWR), IMA World Health, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and LWR Farmers Market. Together, the organizations take a systematic approach to grow rural economies, eliminate extreme poverty, ensure access to quality healthcare, and respond to urgent humanitarian needs in fragile settings.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
About The Job: This position will drive Corus' revenue growth, growing the business development capacities across regional and country teams. As a key member of the Business Development Team, the Business Development (BD) Manager serves a leadership role as a cross-sectoral proposal lead, capture lead, coordinator, or technical writer. This includes leading capture/pre-bid preparation, proposal development, and transition to the Program staff for implementation. The BD Manager will lead and support the development of high-priority bids with Corus' priority donors, including the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), and others. The BD Manager will be involved in all phases of new business development from positioning through proposal submission. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Positioning
- Lead regional teams in the development and implementation of business development strategies.
- Regularly engage Corus regional teams in business development strategies, policies, procedures, manuals and guidelines.
- Support data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations.
- Conduct long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the organization.
- Manage a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationship.
- Lead funding opportunity identification and go/no-go recommendations. Leads the competitive analysis of specific opportunities and facilitate bid decision-making conversations
- Support systems and procedures to guarantee quality donor forecasting and intelligence gathering, including conducting market research and monitoring specific funding opportunities
- As Capture Manager, lead the development of teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements under the guidance of the BD Director.
- As Proposal Manager, lead proposal development to ensure high quality concept papers and proposals by identifying and managing proposal teams, supporting proposal-related research and writing, and managing timely delivery of documents
- Conduct proposal review and submission to ensure quality and organizational alignment
- Ensure communication/coordination with relevant staff (finance, program, marketing and business development)
- Lead partnership negotiation on behalf of the organization with consortium partners, including peer INGOs, research institutes, and private sector companies.
- Serve as a facilitator and/or stakeholder convener for proposals, including technical design workshops when needed.
Location: Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD
About The Ideal Candidate: If you have business development expertise in Livelihoods and Economic Development and/or Health, are well-versed in the business development cycle, from positioning to submission, and are comfortable leading strong teams as the Proposal Manager, we'd love to meet you! Corus is looking for a candidate who is passionate about creating and improving business development processes, and comfortable working across Corus departments to navigate towards solutions to proposal challenges.
- Fluency in Spanish or French is preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally, at least 30% of the time to countries where Corus works.
· At least five years of experience in business development.
· Master's degree in a relevant field (or equivalent job experience), such as Agriculture, Economic Development, International Development or Public Health.
· Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of business development processes.
· Demonstrated leadership, organizational and relationship management skills with excellent writing and computer skills.
· Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, diplomacy, and cultural sensitivity – both individually and as part of a team – and to adjust to shifting priorities.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Call to action:
- Apply for immediate consideration.
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.