Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Manager, Financial Applications works with the Financial Applications Director in management and end user support for CI’s financial applications.
This position will support the following systems: Unit4 Business World and Concur. In addition, this position will respond to help desk requests from system users globally, manage security for these systems, and support system upgrades. This position will also support the enhancement and development of existing and new applications, including design, data validation, testing, and training.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for the generation of special financial and budget reports through SQL queries and advanced Excel applications as needed.
This position requires strong technical aptitude, an understanding of accounting and financial reporting, experience from a user and a system manager perspective, good customer service and communication skills, the ability to triage and reprioritize case load, and to follow-up on open issues.
Patience with a diversity of user skill levels and determination to resolve issues in a timely manner are essential qualities.
- Serve as help desk point person, supporting global use of financial applications: Unit4 Business World and Concur.
- Work with vendor support systems as needed to facilitate resolution of cases.
- Ensure timely follow-up, resolution and documentation of service requests.
- Create, maintain, and terminate financial application user accounts.
- Create and manage complex workflow processes for appropriate systems.
- Work with system providers and IT department to facilitate installation and migration to software patches and upgrades.
- Create and maintain system configuration as needed to ensure optimal processing.
Design reports and procedures
- Design special purpose reports as required for audits or other management uses.
- Designing processes and procedures for getting data into and out of financial systems as needed.
- Design, test, and maintain custom reports and forms in BW using BW report engine tools.
- Design, test and maintain AG16s (SQL-based customizations) in BW.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This position is based in Arlington (current remote due to Covid-19).
- Normal office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years related experience in providing support for financial systems.
- Understanding of accounting processes and standards.
- Solid working knowledge of relational and OLAP databases
- SQL and Visual Basic experience
- Experience with ERP reporting tools
- Experience with BW Financials, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Timesheets, and reporting modules. ERP system administrator experience desirable.
- Extensive experience with ERP level reporting tools, including SQL, MS Access and Power BI.
- Foreign language fluency is a plus (especially Spanish, French, and Portuguese)