About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
What you’ll do: MOMENTUM is a suite of innovative awards funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to holistically improve voluntary family planning and maternal, newborn, and child health services in partner countries around the world. One of these awards, MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience, is held by Corus International as the prime contractor, and focuses on strengthening health resilience in fragile settings.
The Manager of Grants and Compliance will provide cradle-to-grave compliance oversight, starting in November 2022 and going through the end of the project contract in May 2025. The Grants & Compliance Manager will be responsible for providing guidance and support to the MIHR team, project subrecipients (international and local), and country-based project teams; advise staff on regulatory requirements and issues, client compliance, and implementation of Corus policies, with a high level of compliant, project management and systems building skills, organization, and capacity building.
Under the supervision of the Director, Global Grants and Compliance, the Grants & Compliance Manager will be a proactive champion for promoting project compliance and will work with both operations and technical staff to ensure the execution of all project activities meet the award requirements.
Location: Washington, DC
About The Ideal Candidate: This position requires exceptional problem-solving and a customer service solution-oriented attitude, communications and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a complex, fast-paced, multicultural environment with high attention to detail.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with international NGOs is required.
- Significant depth and breadth of experience managing USAID-funded projects, especially in complex partnering
- Solid knowledge of USAID regulations governing Cooperative Agreements
- Ability to manage and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to think creatively and approach tasks or problems in a new or different way.
- Excellent organizational skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 25%, possibly to remote regions which may include adverse conditions and/or disaster zones to support field teams located in global locations; and ability to withstand extremes of temperature and altitude.
- LANGUAGE: Fluency in English with professional proficiency in oral/reading/writing is required. Working proficiency in French is preferred.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Call to action: Are you interested in being an important part of our team? Apply for immediate consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!