Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 85 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading nonprofit providers of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
In response to the Ukraine Crisis, Americares is addressing health needs of individuals and families inside Ukraine, fleeing Ukraine and host communities. Americares programming focuses on delivering medicine and medical supplies, reinforcing health services and addressing mental health and psychosocial support of affected populations.
The Manager for the Ukraine Crisis is the primary point of contact between HQ and field teams and is responsible for overall HQ coordination and information management of Americares Ukraine Crisis response. The position ensures alignment of information across all internal and external stakeholders, including narrative and financial donor reporting. The Manager is responsible for providing ongoing support to response operations in the field, including operational support and programmatic reporting, and performing other related duties as needed
The position reports into the Director of Complex Emergencies, as well as works collaboratively with the field team and stakeholders across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Ukraine response and recovery field operations
- Provide direct administrative and operational support to the Field Response Team
- Conduct desk research to support field programs and operations.
- Generate and maintain program summaries for all new and existing programs.
- Provide regular program updates to Communications and Development departments, including program impact, financial reporting and content collection
- Maintain updated information on programmatic work, including grants and shipments in relevant Americares systems
- Provide regular written and verbal response updates to key internal stakeholders and at organizational forums
- Responsible for timely and complete entry of internal reporting, including data trackers, technical assistance records and system management
- Support the preparation and submission of timely and high-quality donor and HQ reporting, including contribution to milestone reporting
- Coordinate with relevant departments to provide accurate information to field regarding Americares HQ policies and regulations
- Represent Americares at relevant meetings, conferences and workshops, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned including occasional travel to the field.
- A minimum of three years in humanitarian response programming, including headquarters support
- Bachelor’s degree in humanitarian programming or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with information management of in emergency environments
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders, including across field and headquarters
- High level of integrity and ability to adapt in fluid environments
- Strong communication skills – ability to present information clearly and effectively
- Professional expertise in MS suite of applications and other software customarily used in professional settings
- Fluency in English required, working proficiency in Ukrainian or other regional language strongly preferred
As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners, and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or will be traveling for work are required to be fully vaccinated (which includes a booster, when eligible) against COVID-19 unless an exemption required by law is applicable.
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.