Program Assistant, Exchange Programs
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
This employee provides administrative support for a variety of sponsored student exchange programs, including the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative Public University Scholarships Program (HEI) the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF), and the Hope Fund (HF).
- Representing AMIDEAST and the Exchange Programs department at, university visits and special events as needed
- Assisting with researching and placing students in U.S. colleges and universities
- Tracking and monitoring the well-being, academic progress, immigration status and documentation compliance of the students
- Corresponding with students, field offices, and U.S. institutions
- Making scheduled payments to U.S. institutions and students; providing financial tracking of individual students and projects
- Preparing orientation packets and making travel arrangements for incoming/departing participants
- Enrolling and maintaining participants on various health insurance programs
- Inputting and maintaining computer records on database
- Providing general administrative tasks, including preparing minutes of meetings and phone calls; drafting student program agreements, release forms, and sponsorship letters; preparing couriers and packages.
- Assisting with compiling information/data for various reports
- Assuming other special activities, duties and responsibilities upon request
- Bachelor's degree and office work experience
- Excellent technical and computer skills
- Superior communication skills; ability to write clearly and effectively
- Prior experience working for an international company/organization
- Interest in the Middle East & North Africa and/or International Education
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation