Summary of the Position
USP’s Promoting the Quality of Medicine Plus (PQM+) Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day program management and technical coordination for USP’s PQM+ project in Tajikistan in alignment with the program goals and country needs. S/he will need to work independently and strategically, coordinating closely with staff at USP Head quarter and consultants; in country partners and stakeholders; and USAID.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops workplan in close coordination and collaboration with the HQ staff and in alignment with the local stakeholders and donor priorities
- Ensures day-to-day implementation of the program activities as approved in the workplan and in alignment with the program goals and objectives
- Solves problem to address challenges in program implementation
- Tracks program activities to ensure compliance with PQM+ rules and regulations
- Provides input to the monitoring and evaluation plan for the project and facilitates data collection
- Ensures that the project is moving toward meeting the targets for the indicator as identified in the monitoring and evaluation plan
- Collaborates with the in-county counterparts and HQ staff to ensure the documentation of the program activities, highlighting technical and programmatic innovations, strengths, results, and impact
- Works closely with HQ technical and program team to identify opportunities for innovation, harmonize approaches, and maintain high quality standards in activity implementation.
- Represents USP and PQM+ as a speaker or a participant at local and international health and donor communities
- Articulates PQM+’s objectives and mission to various stakeholders to promote the mission of the PQM+ program.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with the in-country counterparts and key stakeholders to identify program activities and facilitate day to day program implementation
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with the USAID mission to understand their country strategy and facilitate day to day program implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, or related field required
- Six (6) years of progressive experience in managing public health programs in Tajikistan; an equivalent combination of experience and education may be substituted.
- Experience working with high-level officials in funding agencies, international organizations, ministries of health.
- Authorized to work in Tajikistan
- Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, or related field preferred
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations and national diseases programs in Tajikistan or low- and middle-income countries strongly preferred.
- Understanding of medicine regulatory system in Tajikistan.
- Demonstrated experience working with and familiarity with USAID or other donor funded programs strongly preferred.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally if needed.
- Significant experience as a team player and commitment to bringing about change through a partnership approach