World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's largest conservation organizations, seeks a Program Operations Specialist to be based in our Washington, DC office. Under the direction of the Director of Program Operations Director, manages the budgeting and contracting process, financial tracking and reporting, grants and agreements, and administrative functions for the assigned program(s). Manages other program-wide projects assigned by the Director. Provides financial and administrative assistance to, and oversight of, program staff and grantees to ensure that budgets and agreements are handled in accordance with WWF policies, procedures, systems, and donor requirements.
- Prepares, administers, and maintains budgets, ensuring that data is accurate and current, and assists with the consolidation of program-wide annual budgets. Reviews and monitors status of budgets and communicates to appropriate program staff. Ensures spending levels are appropriate and coding is correct. Identifies problems and recommends corrective action, and assists in the revision of budgets as necessary. Ensures organizational standards and guidelines are met.
- Reviews funding proposals and assists program staff with development of proposal budgets. Takes the lead in coordinating proposals with Development, Strategic Funding Services, and other departments as appropriate. Maintains data in tracking database. Works with program staff to draft agreement budgets and develop spending plans.
- Coordinates and prepares financial reports to restricted donors, ensuring donor requirements are met. Examines network and government financial reports prepared by Agreement Services to ensure accuracy. Reviews and analyzes all project financial reports to ensure compliance, and notifies program staff of any problems or discrepancies and provides technical assistance to grantees in resolving problems.
- Conducts organizational assessments of grantees, performs site visits, to ensure appropriate financial and administrative management systems are implemented to meet the level and complexity of funding. Ensures all WWF-issued agreements and payments are processed timely and in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitors agreement-related accounts to ensure payments are adequate and correct.
- Identifies, coordinates, and expedites information-sharing both intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally, as well as externally with NGOs and NOs. Recommends and implements departmental procedures and provides feedback on policies and operating procedures. Maintains good working relationships and stays abreast of program issues to provide overall support to program initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, public administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience required. Must have Bachelor's degree plus five years of substantial and successful project management experience overseeing financial and administrative activities, or a minimum of 8+ years in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in Excel. Experience with Workday or Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Organizational, quantitative and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work accurately under time constraints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate with considerable independence and discretion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Position may require travel to field offices in US or overseas
- Position may require fluency in Spanish or French depending on assignment
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21042
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.