MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Cardno is seeking a Proposal Manager in our Arlington, VA office to focus on international development proposals and capture work for USAID, the MCC, the World Bank, and other donors. The Proposal Manager will play an integral role in the business development lifecycle–from initial capture and pre-proposal positioning throughout the proposal and final award. S/he will work hand-in-hand with technical experts and other team members to develop and deliver compliant, high quality responses. Will manage proposal coordinator(s).
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Development or related field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPEREINCE
- 4-7 years’ experience in International Development, Business Development, Project Management; 3 years of experience with Master’s degree.
- Grant and contract proposal management and proposal writing experience. with at least 4 years of experience in proposal development in a federal government contracting context (preferably USAID).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of major international donor regulations, specifically USAID, MCC, and other donor agencies.
- Experience with task orders and IQCs (Indefinite Quantity Contracts)/IDIQs (Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quality), RFAs and RFPs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated experience managing opportunity-specific teams.
- Must possess a diplomatic disposition to effectively interact with internal proposal staff members and external partners at all levels.
- Proven experience working with major international donors.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Fluency in the English language required. Proficiency in another desirable.
- Experience living and working in a foreign or developing country highly desirable.
Interpersonal Savvy, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Project Management, Networking, Gravitas, Communications, Process Management/Improvement, Risk Management, Delegation, Managing and Measuring work, Strategic Agility, Drive for Results, Personal Learning, Functional/Technical Skills, Political Savvy.
Travel 10% International travel required
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.