PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are seeking global health proposal writers for our consultant roster to work with technical teams and the Business Development team on competitive opportunities. We seek candidates with demonstrated skills, expertise, and experience in writing and editing successful proposals for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other large institutional donors.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with proposal teams to review solicitations, determine technical strategies and approaches, develop outlines and plans, and write and edit proposals.
- Support design of the technical approach, ensuring it responds to the donor requirements in the solicitation, addresses the programmatic context, and uses appropriate win themes.
- Review background documents, including the solicitation, program descriptions and donor strategies, PATH and partner programmatic materials, and information on country context.
- Lead the process for writing the technical proposal, including gathering inputs from PATH and partners, preparing drafts, incorporating reviewer comments, and ensuring the technical proposal is coordinated with the monitoring and evaluation plan and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to write responsive and competitive global health proposals for USAID, CDC, DFID, the Gates Foundation, NIH, and other large institutional donors.
- Proven ability to create engaging and compelling text while maintaining technical accuracy and adhering to donor requirements.
- Ability to take input from multiple sources, work with technical teams to resolve differences and transform technical applications into one voice.
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and especially Microsoft Word.
- Ability to travel in the US and internationally.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in public health, development, communications, or related field.
- Experience with global health programming highly desired.
- Minimum seven years’ experience writing competitive and responsive proposals for large institutional donors as listed above.
Writing/editing samples will be requested.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.