The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization and a world leader in promoting democracy and advancing freedom. Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks, include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect - We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork - We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability - We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented Recruitment team committed to delivering HR programs and services that advance the organizations mission and create a vibrant and dynamic work environment where staff can thrive.
Reporting to the Senior Recruitment Manager, the Recruitment Specialist leads the recruiting process for several Divisions and serves as the initial interface with the internal and external community. The Recruitment Specialist is also accountable for a variety of Recruitment responsibilities with a focus on supporting the hire of talented staff, HRIS support, college and university outreach, and other special projects. In addition, the Recruitment Specialist will maintain excellent systems, troubleshoot challenges, and coordinate closely with the Senior Recruitment Manager on multiple tasks. This position requires a compassionate yet task-oriented person with good judgment and the ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment with high volume recruiting expertise. It also requires commitment to positive customer service, effective and efficient workflows, and continuous improvement in Recruiting Services.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions. Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Advise managers and leaders in the selection of internal and external candidates in accordance with all internal practices and applicable standards and regulations.
- Support the workforce planning process.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Recruit a wide variety of candidates in a limited period with competing priorities.
- Utilizes our recruiting technologies to our best advantage.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers in the use of recruiting technology.
- Produces reports necessary to communicate with HR team and hiring managers.
- Understands our ATS (UKG formerly Ultipro), further leveraging technology to create efficiency in our recruitment process.
- Works to build pipelining strategies and pools for key positions using UKG and/or CRM.
- Conduct candidate screening and facilitate the interview and debriefing process and assessments. Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, company policies, and other related information.
- Support the preparation of candidate offer package and closing strategies in tandem with the hiring manager, and Senior Recruitment Manager. Makes offers of employment, transfer, and promotion in accordance with policy, practice, and prevailing regulations. Offers of employment are extended in a timely and effective manner.
- Serves in a consultative and advisory role with managers to guide them in the selection process.
- Fully documents recruitment activities to assure workflow communication and uniformity of process. Attaches selection tools to candidates as required.
- Makes recommendations regarding process improvements.
Customer Service Mindset:
- Provides timely and proactive feedback to managers and both internal and external candidates.
- Is a resource to hiring managers, peers, applicants, and staff.
- Meets customer service standards. Anticipates hiring needs.
- Maintains regularly scheduled meetings with hiring managers.
- Proactive in resolving recruitment issues.
- BA/BS degree in business or recruiting, human resources, or equivalent experience
- 3-5years of experience in a Recruiter role
- Must have the focus and desire to work in the Human Resources field
- Previous experience working in a team environment hybrid/remote
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Committed team player with strong customer service skills; demonstrated commitment to high quality Recruitment services; and skilled in being proactive, adaptive, and collaborative are key.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a group.
- Excellent communications abilities ' especially written and verbal skills.
- Spanish and/or French language skills highly desired.
- High volume recruitng experience necessary
- A go-getter attitude and are ready for a fast-paced work environment.