TITLE: Registration Assistant (Temporary 9-month role)
LOCATION: Flexible (East Africa preferred)
Humentum is a global membership association providing training, convening, consultancy, and support. We help organizations working for social good by managing compliance and risk, juggling finances, designing programs, and helping people perform at their best. Together we’ll help our sector dream big – and achieve critical wins to get things done. Become part of the human momentum needed to create a just and sustainable world.
Learn more here: www.humentum.org
The Registration Assistant will work with the wider programs team to support the preparation and execution of effective customer lead nurturing and registration process for attendees of all Humentum learning events. This is a remote based position working with a global team. This is a temporary position with a 9-month term.
Support lead inquiries and registrations for Humentum learning events, including open workshops, member-based events, and conferences.
Associate Director, Revenue and Events Management
- Proactively communicate with leads about requested events throughout the registration process using phone, email, and other methods as needed
- Process registrations, cancellations, substitutions, and transfers of registered participants
- Collect outstanding payments prior to start of a workshop
- Track ineligible registrations and manage waitlists
- Communicate with trainers and learners support team prior to workshops with logistics and registration information
- Send workshop reminders to participants prior to each event including pre-work assignment and logistical reminders
- Post-event reconciliation of event attendance in Cvent
- Provide general support to the Registration Team as needed
- Work with Accounts Receivable to assist with reconciliation and reporting
- Manage outreach to credit holders and work with Accounts Receivable to reconcile credit use
- Participate in learning delivery operations team meetings, organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives;
- Maintain filing systems (electronic) for the Program area(s) and assist with the maintenance of organization-wide systems.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Experience with database and other technology systems, especially cVent, Salesforce, Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Outlook preferred
- Experience with accurate data entry, especially accounting data, preferred
- Two years of prior customer service experience is required
- A high standard of English
Skills and Attributes
- High level of proficiency with technology systems, databases and applications
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including email and online messaging
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic and unpredictable context
- Independent problem-solving ability
- Customer-oriented, positive attitude
- Must be able to work as part of a remote team as well as independently
- Commitment to a work environment that incorporates Humentum’s cultural values: Mission- Driven, Professional, Direct, Naturally collaborative, Collegial and Fun.
- Spanish fluency a plus
Submit an application addressed to Tara Dolan, Human Resources Manager
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer