Request for Proposal for
NATURE of SERVICES: Job Design and Analysis
CONTRACTING ENTITY: Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of poverty. Co-founded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers life-changing health and food security solutions to build resilience of vulnerable families where the need is great but access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create opportunities in their own lives and build lasting change.
PLACE of PERFORMANCE: Flexible.
Vendor must be available to overlap with standard business hours in our Africa offices.
DURATION and TIMEFRAME
Approximately 24 days of involvement is anticipated between 15 April 2021 to 30 June 2021.
Helen Keller has adopted a harmonized salary grading structure across its 13 country offices in Africa. As a next step we would like to review job families (Finance, HR, IT, etc.) across the country offices to ensure consistency in job duties and the use of the job grading tools while taking into account the different configurations of the offices due to the large variation in size.
SCOPE of WORK
The selected consultant will start by becoming fully familiar with the job grading tools and job thumbnails currently in place.
For each assigned job family, the consultant will:
- Consult with the relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) to learn about core job duties needed by each country office.
- Analyze all job descriptions that fall within the job family to identify similarities, differences, lack of clarity or other gaps. (Please note that about half the job descriptions will be in French.)
- Consult with country office HR, the assigned Global HR business partner and the SME to clarify roles and responsibilities; review job grades; propose edits and/or changes to job grades, as needed.
- Recommend clear and consistent language for use at each job grade within the job family as the basis for all future job descriptions.
Potential additional assignments may include:
- Reviewing and editing new job descriptions or job announcements for US-based positions for clarity and consistency. Coach managers to use action verbs that capture the intended level of responsibility and authority.
- Reviewing and editing Scopes of Works for consultancies for clarity and consistency. Coach managers on the distinctions between what is appropriate for a consultancy vs. an employment relationship.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated job design and analysis experience across a range of job families. Strong familiarity with one or more job analysis tools.
- Excellent English language writing skills with ability to edit and coach others to use language more precisely. French language skills strongly preferred.
- Ability to coach managers/staff through the process of developing job descriptions and scopes of work for consultants to transfer skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of and experience applying the distinction between consultant and employment status.
- Experience working across multiple cultures including with professionals in the developing world, and at least a general understanding of the HR challenges of working in these contexts, strongly preferred.
SPECIFIC REQUESTS for INFORMATION
Please describe the nature of your education and experience and why it is well suited to the nature of the work described above. In particular, please be sure to address the qualifications and experience listed above and comparable project work.
In addition, please provide:
- Your CV
- Sample work product
- Three references who may be contacted by Helen Keller Intl. These references should be clients or employers for whom you have provided similar services.
- Pricing/Price Sheet: a pricing list for the services that you/your company is interested and able to offer based on the activities listed above.
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org noting the title “Job Design & Analysis Consultant” in the subject line.
EVALUATION and AWARD PROCESS
This RFP is open to all persons or entities that are deemed capable of implementing the scope of work, with a solid record of integrity and business ethics.
The award will be made to the Seller representing the best value to the project and to Helen Keller. For the purpose of this RFP, price, delivery, technical and past performance are of equal importance for the purposes of evaluating and selecting the “best value” awardee.
In the spirit of our founder and namesake,
Helen Keller places diversity and partnership at the core of our work.
We encourage small minority, women, or veteran-owned businesses to submit proposals.