Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: Stamford, CT
Assignment Type: FTE
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 90 countries on average, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Finance Team to provide support for our accounting and financial reporting activities. The responsibilities of the role include month end and year end closing activities, journal entries, accounts payable and account reconciliations and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Prepare and upload journal entries accurately and efficiently.
- Complete monthly account analysis and bank reconciliations and research and resolve all reconciling differences in a timely manner.
- Oversee Accounts Payable function including review of new vendor setup, reviewing invoices, generating weekly check, ACH and wire payments and filing all necessary supporting documentation.
- Actively participate in ERP system implementation
- Provide supporting schedules for interim and year end audit.
- Provide financial support to others throughout the organization
- Function as backup to others in Finance when needed
- Assist in other tasks including ad hoc analysis or special projects as assigned.
- Improve business process efficiencies and document procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A blend of public accounting and private experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze large volume of data from various sources
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments, priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate with strong organizational skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.