LOCATIONS: New York or Washington DC
The Senior Internal Compliance Associate (GIC) is responsible for a portfolio of Finance & Administration’s (F&A) business processes. The person ensures the processes are implemented impactfully and consistently across the organization. They are responsible for Rainforest Alliance’s managed travel and organization-wide safety and security program. The person applies understanding around Rainforest Alliance’s business processes, organizational policies and needs, and Rainforest Alliance structure ensuring all of these are well integrated and aligned. The position will also work across the organization to train staff on the business processes and monitor organizational compliance.
- Provide Stakeholder oversight for the Agreements database in Rainforest Alliance’s CRM (Salesforce) and the F&A teams related vendors within the CRM (Watchdog CSI, DocuSign, etc.).
- Administer Concur Travel & Locate, managed travel systems, and country database.
- Ensure portfolio of F&A systems are implemented impactfully. Ensure coordination with other business units such as Legal, HR, and Regions teams.
- Manage key F&A vendor relationships such as Concur, Managed travel vendor(s), Watchdog CSI, etc.
- Train staff on portfolio and anticipate future organizational needs related to the portfolio;
- Provide thought-leadership and project management for implementation on portfolio of F&A systems world-wide. Coordinate with Innovation and Infrastructure IT teams on F&A initiatives. Explain and roll out portfolio and improvements to staff/managers to build an informed interaction for receiving F&A services and strengthen general compliance.
- Advise F&A Directors and F&A unit on issues related to implementation of their portfolio’s risks and opportunities.
- Work with the Product Owners for Concur and Salesforce for successful integration and serve on relevant working groups related the portfolio.
- Work with third parties (such as vendors and NGO travel working group) to ensure portfolio meet current industry best practices.
- Administer portfolio in support of day-to-day operations and planning for F&A unit.
- Document portfolio including process mapping, manuals, policies and procedures, best management practices, etc. and develop tools such as SharePoint pages or trainings as appropriate.
- Monitor compliance across the organization and key users to inform decision making within the portfolio. Troubleshoot problems within portfolio.
- Provide internal customer service across Rainforest Alliance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience;
- 2-4 years’ general experience in database administration or non-profit work;
- 1+ years’ specialized experience in travel management or with project management;
- Practical experience developing process mapping, internal policies, trainings, and manuals;
- Practical experience Concur, Salesforce, and SharePoint is a plus;
- Internal customer service approach.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.