About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
What you'll do: Senior Finance Manager is a member of finance and administration team on MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) project. MIHR is a five-year global award designed to accelerate reductions in maternal and child morbidity and mortality in fragile contexts. You'll be leading the annual budgeting process for core activities of the project by collaboration with technical teams, country program managers and partner organizations. You'll work with a diverse group of people on monitoring the implementation of core activities at HQ and in countries. You'll rely on your prior experience with USAID project to create financial reports. You'll need great Excel skills to prepare budget and financial report templates and tools. And you will be expected to contribute to the development and improvement of the project's procedures and processes.
Location: Washington, DC
About The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business. A Master's degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience in Finance, preferably international experience within a non-profit or similar setting.
- Experience with automated general ledger systems. ERM integrated accounting system implementation experience a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with USG federal rules and regulations, including OMB circular 2 CFR 200.
- Experience with global USAID funded projects is highly preferred.
- French proficiency (written and oral) is required.
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving, and technical skills; highly organized with an attention to details; takes initiative; customer service oriented.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to operate with considerable independence and discretion, show good judgment, and take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and availability to travel up to 10%, possibly to remote regions which may include adverse conditions and/or disaster zones to support field finance teams located in global locations
What we offer you: Competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Call to action: So if you are excited about becoming a huge contributor to the Momentum project and look forward to collaborating with our country and headquarter teams, then apply for immediate consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
Corus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.