TITLE: Senior Manager, Client Solutions
SUPERVISOR: Director, Consultancy Services
LOCATION: Remote, Global (Must be located within UTC -6 to GMT+1 to work in EST – UTC markets)
Humentum aspires to be the “go to” learning and solutions provider in the global development sector. We deliver high impact training and consultancy projects to NGO clients and donors as a critical component in developing an accountable, equitable and resilient global development and humanitarian sector. This role will build and sustain meaningful client relationships with NGOs as they progress on their journey to growth and resiliency.
The Senior Manager, Client Solutions will manage Humentum’s client acquisition and retention activities as part of the Humentum Consultancy Services (HCS) team.
This role will cultivate and deepen Humentum’s relationship with a range of clients, with an emphasis on growing revenue and demonstrating impact from these relationships. You will work as part of a client-centric global team and support other accounts as needs arise. You will also work closely with our marketing team as part of our lead generation efforts, and cross-functionally with membership relations, project managers, learning and product development teams, and finance and leadership to deliver client-centric solutions.
- Creative and proven business-to-business networking and account management skills with a drive to deliver impact for a growing portfolio of clients, while generating revenue for Humentum;
- Experience building relationships with, and influencing client decision-makers;
- Proven ability to nurture client, stakeholder and membership networks through the use of social media and other platforms;
- Client-centric bid and proposal development skills, including problem analysis, solution design and delivery;
- Disciplined project management skills to deliver high impact client solutions;
- Highly motivated, energetic, organized, positive and inspiring approach to work—in a 100% globally distributed (virtual) team and organization.
- Proactively grow and manage a pipeline of opportunities within Humentum’s learning and consulting offer to meet annual revenue targets. You will:
- network among existing and new clients;
- follow-up and manage marketing-generated leads;
- conduct problem analysis and identification with clients;
- design appropriate, client-centric solutions in close collaboration with Humentum colleagues;
- develop and present proposals that meet client needs;
- conduct client negotiations leading to executed contracts;
- identify and cultivate opportunities for reselling, upselling, client retention and referrals.
- Use Humentum’s client relationship, project management, and marketing tools to keep client and proposal information up to date and accessible for all Humentum staff.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to grow member and client awareness of Humentum services.
- Collaborate as needed with your colleagues at Humentum to ensure high-quality client solutions, including but not limited to:
- participating in internal and client-facing project kick-off meetings;
- participating, as needed, in post-sale client meetings to review deliverables and provide relationship management;
- resolving client concerns and issues as needed;
- nurturing client testimonials and internal and external referrals;
- maintaining long term client relationships after the completion of individual projects.
- Present and network on behalf of Humentum at various industry events.
- Proven relationship management experience with non-profit clients and/or other bi-lateral or foundation donor programs – highly desirable;
- Sales or customer account management experience in professional services, training or consultancy, including demonstrated year-on-year growth in sales performance against targets- essential;
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting proposals that meet client needs;
- Professional level of proficiency in English – required; proficiency in at least one other major language – strongly preferred;
- Strong professional networks in the global development and humanitarian community – helpful;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM software or equivalent.
Job Related Information
This position is a remote, home-based position. You must possess both the proven experience and the home office environment to work virtually: reliable connection to high speed internet, appropriate environment for leading and participating in virtual meetings with video enabled.
Ability to travel up to 20% as needed, including internationally.
As part of Humentum's Total Rewards Program, we utilize set salary grades and scales based in USD and GBP to ensure equity in compensation across our global positions. This role is a Grade D, Step 1 in our organization – you can review our salary scales and full Salary and Pay Policy on our website.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.