Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Senior Manager, Development to support the Strategic Initiatives Department located at HJF Home Office in Bethesda, MD.
The responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Development are to develop and execute successful strategies in the identification, cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of donors. Creates new donor pipeline strategies, establishes measurable goals and objectives, develops relationships with donors and prospects, and builds-on and conducts, where appropriate, extensive prospective research for corporate and individual donors.
- Develops and implements a fundraising plan to raise new funds with a focus on unrestricted revenue and increasing HJF's corporate and individual donor base.
- Creates actionable strategies for a complete donor pipeline, a year-round messaging calendar, end of year giving campaign, and existing and new fundraisers.
- Works with other departments to develop all necessary outreach materials and organized systems for complete donor stewardship.
- Assists with other public-private initiatives in furtherance of HJF's mission.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Creative thinker with proven success in fundraising and developing/implementing systems. Collaborative and engaging work style with strong people skills, ability to set priorities, manage projects and meet deadlines. Strong written and oral.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 9 – 10 years of relevant work experience.
Work Environment: Office.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.