The Program Manager will oversee implementation of programming to counter the development and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and advanced conventional weapons by state actors.
Program efforts include:
- Supporting international norms against the proliferation and use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD)
- Countering weapons proliferation financing, logistics, and knowledge networks
- Enhancing the capacity of international government, technical, and civil society partners to combat disinformation, cyber attacks, and other means of influence and aggression
Programming activities may take the form of both in-person and virtual meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences, grant-making, research competitions, or other activities.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Program Manager will manage the technical, financial, and administrative aspects of this program portfolio to ensure they are administered and implemented in a manner consistent with CRDF Global and funder objectives.
- Manages a program of moderate complexity, valued at approximately $3-4M annual revenue, including program planning, budgeting, funder reporting, and implementing a monitoring and evaluation plan.
- With Senior Program Manager, develops annual program budget, monitors budget forecasts, and implements program adjustments to achieve revenue targets.
- Recruits, hires, on-boards, and supervises staff; makes project assignments; manages staff workloads; establishes performance and development goals with staff; provides effective feedback on performance; and supports staff in professional and career growth.
- Contributes to development of new programs, including initial proposal writing, program design, and implementation.
- Represents CRDF Global at external events such as scientific and business conferences; makes presentations to educate others about the program.
- Ensures that project teams within the program develop and implement project plans using best practices for project management (for multiple projects) that includes project charters, work breakdown structures, statements of work, schedules, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation plans, and project budgets.
- Guides project teams within the program or portfolio in managing sub-award budgets, including planning, administration and financial reporting of project expenses upon closeout of sub-awards.
- Manages stakeholder relations and networking with funders, subject matter experts, and international partners in the governmental, private, research, and academic sectors
- Identifies strategic priorities for program growth; develops concepts or new project ideas as part of proposal development process; develops and contributes to internal and external thought leadership events.
- Supports other programs and staff, as required.
- Participates in remote/online engagements as appropriate.
- Travels within the U.S. and internationally as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of work experience in a field such as counterproliferation/nonproliferation, advanced conventional weapons proliferation, counterproliferation finance, arms control, defense studies, countering disinformation, sanctions enforcement, or other relevant areas of international security.
- 2 years of supervisory or team management experience preferred
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and experience
- Demonstrates skills and experience overseeing project teams and supervising staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to write compelling pieces
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with partner organizations and key external stakeholders
- U.S. work authorization
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.