Title: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Business Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Location: Stamford, CT
Reports To: Project Manager
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization (an NGO headquartered in Stamford, CT) that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine, and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading non-profit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies.
We are running several core projects (Supply Chain Mgmt-SCM, Finance Mgmt System-FMS, Customer Relationship Mgmt-CRM) through a strategic initiative called the Application Revolution Transformation (ART). Through this initiative, Americares aspires to be a high performing organization, and to do this, the basics must be right. We aim to improve, harmonize, and share, wherever beneficial, processes, information, and systems across all Americares locations. To that end, we are seeking a Business Analyst, that has advanced skills in systems & process design and have experience in complex software implementation projects, preferably in the Not for Profit sector.
The Business Analyst will solicit, understand, and document business requirements, and processes; develop both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows; participate in QA activities. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and maintain understanding of business workflows and business needs to support primarily Supply Chain and has familiarity with FMS and/or CRM.
- Responsible for facilitating/eliciting and documenting comprehensive business requirements, process flows, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping for system/s configuration and/or development in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Conduct gap analysis between system/s and stated business requirements and collaborate with Project Management to develop high level estimates, project impact/s required to develop and deploy functionality.
- Participate in QA deliverables, including developing scenarios; partnering with project team and/or end user stakeholders to execute testing, ensuring results meet system and business requirements.
- Participate and/or develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
- Administer and support necessary systems configurations/business requests to support day-to-day operations.
- Perform other duties that may be requested by Americares.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field, Supply Chain, Accounting or relevant experience in the Not for Profit industry.
- 3 or more years of experience working on large scale implementation projects for ERP: Supply Chain, Finance and CRM systems with strong ability to understand and represent the needs of the business end user.
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques. Preferably CBAP or working towards certification.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional requirements, workflows and business process engineering.
- Ability to develop training plans and conduct effective training sessions/workshops.
- Strong consultative and advisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities through effective time management, organization and communication.
- Strong MS Office skills (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Data analysis – SQL proficiency ideal.
- Flexibility to work after hours if needed.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.