Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. KIND has provided over 19,000 children with high quality representation in their immigration proceedings by training more than 41,000 attorneys and cultivating partnerships with over 600 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
KIND’s social services program ensures that migrant and refugee children – who have often endured trauma – receive counseling, educational support, medical care and other comprehensive services.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America and strengthen protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
KIND seeks a Talent Acquisition Manager to support the Director, Talent and Culture with developing and managing the organization’s recruitment process through establishing guidelines and procedures; and building relationships with hiring managers to ensure the organization attracts and acquires top talent. They will develop long-term talent management strategies and foster relationships with potential hires to secure a pipeline of talent for future positions. In addition, working closely with the DEI Specialist and Chief HR Officer, the Talent Acquisition Manager will play an active role in developing talent strategies to enhance and advance KIND’s workplace culture through the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives related to attracting, hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Partners with Director, Talent and Culture, CHRO and Director, HR to understand and execute the organization’s talent acquisition strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Develops a requisition process to ensure cross-collaboration between HR, Finance and Office Operations and secures proper approvals; collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and determine hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards and the needs of the organization. Uses talent strategies to determine most suitable places for ad positioning to secure diverse top talent.
- Designs and manages recruitment and selection processes, which include but are not limited to establishing hiring guidelines, policies and templates that will allow the organization to create robust employer branding activities; coordinating with hiring managers to determine recruitment needs and developing recruitment plans; and facilitating the recruitment process by conducting initial phone screening with candidates and presenting a shortlist to hiring managers for review.
- Oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials; assists with the interview process; participates in interviews with hiring teams; and ensures candidates evaluations are collected and maintained in accordance with applicable laws.
- Serves as subject matter expert on current trends in talent landscape, recruiting methodologies and tactics. Makes data-based decisions that result in positive outcomes for the business with a focus on compensation and diversity. Maintains knowledge of DEI related issues, legislation and best practices.
- Manages a requisition load and supports the team with managing their requisition load.
- Collaborates with the hiring managers, CHRO and Director, HR during the offer process for new hires, promotions and staff transitions; coordinates and communicates pertinent information with Office Operations team to ensure seamless onboarding handover to HR Coordinator.
- Facilitates recruitment trainings for hiring managers in collaboration with other HR staff.
- Supervises talent team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in psychology, communication or business management required. Graduate degree in human resources or communication preferred.
- At least 5 years’ human resources experience with an emphasis in recruitment and at least 2 years' supervisory experience preferably in nonprofit and/or legal setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Must have an entrepreneurial approach and ability to manage a high-volume of requisitions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to influence; interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment with a keen orientation for details. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate as appropriate. Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work both independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Demonstrated independent judgment and decision-making abilities. Excellent discretion and ability to handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and applicant tracking and HR information systems, preferably Clear Company and ADP.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations and ability to keep abreast of changes in legislation.
- Ability to work with a dispersed workforce and travel as needed.
Applications should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/join-the-team/ with resume and cover letter.
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.