Reporting to the Associate Dean of IT and CTO, Senior Director of Internal Controls and Compliance, and Director of Operations for ICAP, the Technical Lead will lead all Technology based initiatives for the development and implementation of a new ERP solution and its dependencies for ICAP.
• Partners with and helps to build a global product development team to design and implement an ERP solution for a network of program sites in Africa and Asia.
• Works with the project teams to ensure that project deliverables meet critical business needs that follow industry best practices.
• Provides thought leadership and a hands-on approach around devising technical solutions while collaborating with other technologists on creating efficient cross-domain solutions.
• Owns accountability for developing a robust application framework with clear expectations for security, performance, flexibility and simplicity.
• Models professional team behavior through adherence to policies and standard operating procedures.
• Builds the application development project team from the ground up. This includes recruiting and hiring as well as establishing the project ecosystem — setting secure development standards, adopting appropriate frameworks, establishing team support resources — tools for ticketing, collaboration, change management, etc.
• Leads the multi-disciplinary technical team (application architecture, programming, data modeling/management, system administration, quality assurance, etc.) in translating business requirements to design, configure, and integrate the ERP application, including the supporting infrastructure.
• Enforces processes and best practices around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage, etc.
• Develops out of the box, creative business solutions to account for environmental constraints — possible high data latency, inconsistent network connectivity, limited redundancy, possible shortage of seasoned technical staff.
• Builds scalable, high performance, high availability architectures.
• Ensures that the team applies architecture and design principles consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios.
• Sets and enforces standards for clear and concise application documentation.
• Keeps the needs of the end user at the center of all design work.
• Supports the culture shift required for the successful implementation of this application by explaining and touting the benefits to management and end user when appropriate.
• Keeps up to date on industry technology trends and modern software delivery techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
ERP Technical Lead Propsed Final 2 of 3
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, other related discipline or the equivalent work and progressive technology management experience.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• More than 7 years technical leadership experience in the area of enterprise software and new product development
• Experience developing cross capability solutions with integrations across multiple systems, both new and legacy via via canned or custom APIs; cloud and on-premises components ideal
• Experience managing diverse, distributed technical teams — direct reports and dotted lines; freelancers, permanent, and partner and vendor-managed staff, based domestically and abroad
• Experience gathering and defining application requirements as they pertain to business processes, application design and supporting infrastructure
• Experience with highly transactional systems, preferably finance-finance related
• Experience with methodologies and best practices for secure coding, code review, application debugging and code optimization
• Forward thinking and creative problem-solving ability
• Excellent presentation and written communication skills
• Proactive, resourceful and solution driven
• Thoughtful, patient and courteous management style
• Experience with API design, redesign, and development
• Experience with SDLC, agile development methods, and common app development tools such as Git, GitHub, Planbox, Bitbucket, Jira, Asana, Eclipse, etc.
• Extensive technical project management experience with a history of bring projects in on-time and on-budget.
• Experience partnering with internal and external infrastructure, networking, and application development teams
• Ability to interact at all the levels of an organization – presenting ideas, promoting best practices and coaching staff as needed.
• Background in programming and data modeling
• 5+ years of experience addressing management and operational requirements of donor-supported public health or development projects within a non-profit or academic setting
• Experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud-for-infrastructure
• Experience managing multi-cultural project teams
• Experience with finance and accounting-related IT solutions for an NGO or other nonprofit
• Experience with SQL Server database Programming and Administration
• Strong skills in writing Stored Procedures/Functions/Packages/Triggers
• Experience with modular app development, such as the use of micro services
• Experience working with common standards/frameworks for enterprise-level software projects — TOGAF, ITIL DevOps, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
ERP Technical Lead Propsed Final 3 of 3
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal oversight
• Capacity to work with a high degree of independence within a matrixed, deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment
Periodic international travel may be required