The Training Associate will support MSI’s efforts to address the company’s need for a structured and consistent approach to staff training. Under the direction of the Training Manager, this person will support the instructional design process – including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation – for training activities. S/he will collaborate with other MSI staff, including content subject matter experts (SMEs), other skilled training professionals, and information technology specialists. S/he will use appropriate learning technologies to develop training materials and update existing materials. S/he will perform administrative functions within the Learning Management System. This position reports to the Training Manager.
• Support the logistics of in-person trainings (e.g., coordinating with IT and facilities staff, managing scheduling and registration).
• Perform administrative functions within the Learning Management System, including uploading content, providing support to users, and running reports. Analyze reporting data to identify trends and propose suggestions for how to use the LMS to provide greater support to staff.
• Assist MSI staff in identifying potential external opportunities for learning and development, consistent with the new Performance Facilitation Process.
• Support the training aspects of onboarding new employees (working with hiring managers/supervisors and the HR team)
• Collaborate with subject matter experts (SME’s) to develop and refine training materials and job aids.
• Support the evaluation of training and learning initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Learning and Development, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Business Process Improvement, and/or Learning Technologies
• Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles
• Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Enthusiasm for being part of a team that is implementing new systems
• Intellectual curiosity and a strong willingness to learn from the ups and downs that come with organizational change
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications, industry concepts / terminology
• 1-4 years of relevant experience, with education level taken into consideration
• Master’s Degree in Learning and Development, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Business Process Improvement, and/or Learning Technologies
• Experience using or administering Learning Management Systems and learning technologies and software applications (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate or other e-learning authoring tools)
• Skills in marketing, graphics and formatting
• Experience coordinating or communicating across multiple stakeholders in an organization
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.