About Literacy Cloud:
Based on Room to Read’s award-winning, proven literacy program that combines the science of learning to read with the magic of powerful storytelling, Room to Read launched an online learning platform, LiteracyCloud.org, to complement our program activities being implemented in 20 countries. Literacy Cloud enables a new generation of teachers and young learners to access original, high-quality children’s storybook titles in their local language, paired with proven, friendly, accessible professional development resources for teachers, children’s book creators, members of the international publishing community and governments to create a culture of reading for early-grade learners in low-income communities around the world.
Room to Read launched Literacy Cloud in English and Bahasa Indonesia in 2019, with over 200 children’s storybook titles and a rich library of professional development materials for educators and children’s book creators. In 2020, Literacy Cloud expanded to over 18 new languages and local contexts, such as Hindi and Marathi (India), Kiswahili (Tanzania), and Vietnamese (Vietnam), with additional languages planned for 2021 and beyond.
The Website Administrator provides ongoing technical project management support for Literacy Cloud, coordinates guidance for Room to Read country teams who digitize and upload new content to the platform, as well as supports the timely and accurate execution of the localization of Literacy Cloud into new languages. The Website Administrator maintains our global project management tool (Asana) and works in collaboration with our in-country project teams, San Francisco based platform team, and India-based technical implementation partner to keep Literacy Cloud moving forward in an organized and coordinated manner. This role can be based in one of our US locations (San Francisco, New York City), or remotely from CO, FL, MD, or VA, and reports to the U.S.-based Global Project Director under Program Operations Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Implementation Management, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Field support requests, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues and enhance country team understanding of the platform for use with branding, government engagement and/or training.
- Perform Literacy Cloud administration tasks in response to changing business requirements, including managing user access, sharing settings and pulling statistics.
- Prioritize platform maintenance activities and develop and initiate change requests based on evolving need. Work with the technical implementation partner (Robosoft Technologies) to manage project activities on time and on budget.
- Maintain project management environment (Asana) and collaborate with Robosoft Technologies to communicate project status, deadlines, etc., and ensure the timely completion of scoped activities, including bug remediation, development of new features and localization into new languages.
- Manage consultants to carry out specialized tasks related to Literacy Cloud development, such as content design and translation.
- Review and/or delegate review of tasks for quality assurance/confirmation of task completion.
Training and Technical Support
- Train internal users (including Power Users located in Room to Read Country Offices) and communicate changes to relevant staff following release of new enhancements.
- Develop training materials, such as Literacy Cloud Help guides and troubleshooting guides and maintain centralized repository of training materials and documentation.
- Manage the Literacy Cloud Power User group, based worldwide, by facilitating regular calls; onboard new Power Users; and, as time goes on, facilitate capacity-building in local and global offices so that users are better able to help themselves.
- Provide additional guidance to global offices colleagues, as needed, on digital book uploads, book localization, video uploads and resources uploads.
- Coordinate the localization of Literacy Cloud into additional languages, including:
- collaborating with in-country project teams to complete translation of platform UI elements from English to the local language;
- coordinating with our technical implementation partner to validate and implement the localized UI,
- working with in-country project teams to validate the UI localization with local user-testers,
- developing and managing process workflows and timelines
- Coordinate the translation of new UI strings to keep the platform up to date across 19+ languages.
System Management & Coordination
- Document best practices and lessons learned for using of Literacy Cloud in country contexts to inform the strategic focus of Literacy Cloud in the long-term.
- During regular Power User group calls, provide status updates, highlight areas of strategic focus, flag roadblocks, document challenges and identify solutions to improve the platform.
- Be a cross-project strategic thinker, facilitator and problem-solver to help remove barriers and develop solutions to issues that arise during the project lifecycle, identify areas for potential platform improvement and makes recommendations to facilitate project and platform success.
- Partner with Program Operations Team/Programs Team/IT Team to formulate strategic vision for Literacy Cloud. Work with the Literacy Cloud advisory committee to prioritize platform enhancements in alignment with that vision.
- Coordinate with Room to Read country offices, the Global Systems Database Associate and Quality Reading Materials Team to manage digital book editions and maintain digital publishing records.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment, with at least 1-3 years’ experience in website administration, development and/or management
- Experience working with online collaboration & project management software tools
- Experience working in a start-up, software development or similar environment
- Excellent project and data management skills; highly organized and thorough with keen attention to detail and a commitment to ensuring content integrity
- Solution-oriented, creative problem solver; quick to identify opportunities for the automation of work processes
- Ability and desire to learn independently and grow technical skillset
- Passion for effective data presentation through reports and dashboards
- Experience working with internal stakeholders to gather business requirements, scope and plan projects, and implement, deliver and document custom solutions
- Exceptional communication skills in English; ability to communicate technical information simply and effectively both in-person and remotely (particularly with users/stakeholders for whom English is not a first language)
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people through online collaboration and across time zones
- Ability and desire to travel internationally (up to 10%)
- U.S. work authorization, no sponsorship provided
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Google Analytics – developing reports and extracting high-value insights in response to business needs
- Experience with development lifecycle of apps for Android and iOS environments
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, managing/editing digital color space
- Familiarity with video production lifecycle, including video storyboarding, script-writing, production and post-production
- Previous experience in language localization
- Experience in software User Testing and/or sourcing and selecting third-party User Testing companies
- Experience working with an international team, across cultures and languages
- Prior experience training others over a distance
Room to Read offers a competitive pay with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office – Main – San FranciscoGlobal Office – New York
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this position please visit our job board. Select the Website Administrator role, click apply and complete the online application which will ask you to provide your resume, cover letter and some personal information. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received. Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. However, if you need technical assistance, please email email@example.com. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.