This full-time position serves as the Work-life Coordinator within the Staff Care Services/ USAID Staff Care Service Center contract. As a core member of the Staff Care Center team, the incumbent is involved in the daily operations of the Staff Care Center Services. The position is based in Washington, DC.
The Work-life Coordinator shall have a shall have a minimum 3 years of practice supporting same or similar projects which will serve to ensure their expert knowledge of resources. The Coordinator will also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
The contract team is committed to being results-oriented. As such, the Work-life Coordinator is expected to achieve the following results.
- Responsible for managing the Work-Life Program operations; monitoring and evaluating program deliverables; developing detailed plan for promotion and customer support.
- Connecting employees to resources and services to meet their specific needs.
- Oversees the management of a variety of projects for corporate and/or strategic business unit.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of work-life activities. Their support may include:
- Promotion of seminars, promotional events, and awareness programs;
- General office support to the USAID Staff Care Center;
- Local and international travel required; and
- Coordinates and/or ensures that supplies, equipment, files are maintained in properly secured storage.
- Maintain timely, accurate records of activities and provide reporting, monitoring and evaluation data on activities as required by the Program. Collaborate with the other Service Center clinicians, USAID Social Workers, and other partner organization service providers for effective service provision.
- Participate in promotional and outreach activities to educate USAID employees and family members about the Staff Care Center, Staff Care Service Center and how to access the Program services. This may include events such as Service Center tours, Staff Care Program presentations, brown bags, open house activities.
- As a core member of the Staff Care Service Center Team, will participate in other activities related to Staff Care Center Operations.
- As employee and family needs and USAID priorities evolve, results may be revised over the life of the Program.
- Other activities as assigned.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer health insurance, a 401k plan, and funds for professional development.