World Vision US seeks the Senior Advisor, Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) who will work closely with the Core Group Polio Project (CGPP) Director, Deputy Director and Secretariats to strengthen the GHSA program. The position will be based in Washington, DC. She/he will be responsible for:
• Supporting alert investigation and response planning at district level.
• Conducting GHSA trainings and workshops for CGPP staff, local NGOs, and other community-based stakeholders (e.g. epidemic control, community engagement, social mobilization, community-based surveillance and reporting).
• Providing support and analysis, as needed, for after-action reviews of outbreaks to capture lessons learned and update preparedness plans accordingly.
• Providing technical guidance for the design and implementation of GHSA program activities with the goal of ensuring that program design and implementation will achieve planned results and goals.
• Providing technical guidance at the country level for the development or adaptation of:
o Materials for community-based surveillance (CBS), including passive, active, and events-based modules
o Training modules and assessments on epidemic preparedness and response for CHVs
o GHSA job aide templates and risk communication materials that can be adapted for outbreaks
o An evaluation checklist to review outbreak response
o Frameworks for monitoring and assessing progress of CBS, Risk Communication and Community Engagement, and Emergency Preparedness
o Other products and tools as needed
Apply online at: https://worldvision.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=288006&company_id=15719&version=1&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=1012580&level=levelid2&levelid2=20164&startflag=3